Im getting a kitten in two days time & i would like a list of everythhing i kitten would need. I want to be well prepared when i bring my new family member home. 🙂
Answer by JerryJ
1. It’s best to get two. Solitary cats go a bit strange just like solitary people.
2. Litter pan and litter. Not the clumping kind for small kittens–it can harm them.
3. Canned food. Look at the ingredients and don’t buy any that have “by-products”. You’ll need a food dish and a water bowl. Cats get most of their water from food, so don’t feed them too much dry food, and kittens should only have canned food.
4. Scratching posts. Get a big one and several smaller ones.
5. Cat bed. Okay, they may not use it, but then again they might.
6. An assortment of cat toys.
7. Claw trimmer.
8. Brush and comb.
When your kittens first arrive put them in a small room, like the bathroom or the cat room, if you have one, with their food, litter, and cat beds. A house is a pretty big place for little kittens so keeping them in a confined area for a day or two will help them keep from getting lost.